Tuesday, August 17, 2004

~ And Now A Word From Our Sponsor ~

My blog should receive money from corporations because I tout products, places, and items all the time. I will put my Amazon Wish List on my blog someday (My e-mail address is thelatenessofthehour@yahoo.com, you can put in my e-mail address on Amazon to look up my Wish List). Why not, I am just as materialistic as the next.

Hm, just visited Amazon and I do not see where you can ADD (the icon) your wish list on your web site/blog for others to visit. I've seen it many times on other web sites so I know it can be done, am I missing something here? I am not talking about the "Share The Love" program (I will do that as well), but the icon for your Wish List. Any clues would be appreciated.

Back to the products I wanted to mention. I absolutely LOVE
Trader Joe's. I believe TJ's is only located in California, so if you are not in the know, TJ's is a grocery store. They do not advertise and they purchase their products from all over the world in bulk so they are able to charge a lot less than a regular supermarket. Their packaging is fun and innovative and mostly organic, healthy. Tom's of Maine toothpaste is sold nearly everywhere, but TJ's charges less. I LOVE this toothpaste. If I do not use Tom's, I consider myself a Colgate fan. The Peppermint flavor is my choice for Tom's and I love it because it tastes REAL, not fake. They even call it "natural". Hard to describe what "not fake" is, but it doesn't taste like toothpaste. If that made any sense, lol. It doesn't have all that crap/fake stuff that other major toothpaste brands have. Try it, you'll see what I mean. Another thing? I haven't have a cavity in YEARS since I started using Tom's (and Colgate). I have a major sweet tooth and I brush my teeth at least three times a day, but still, I did those things in the past and got cavities so who knows? Maybe it's because my teeth are all filled or have crowns, but hey, whatever, eh?


Oh Yeah! Limeade Rocks!


Odwalla. I LOVE Odwalla. Even their web site makes me happy! I have loved Odwalla since the very beginning when it all started in Davenport, California. Now it is a huge company and I believe the manufacturing plant is somewhere around Fresno, California. I love Mo Beta, the Tangerine juice, ah everything. My latest crush? Limeade! OOH, I LOVE IT. For some reason I have been on a lime kick and have been searching for real/semi-real limeade and I found it in Odwalla. Fresh, refreshing, crisp, just awesome. It is a summer seasonal though, so get it while it's hot!

I remember telling someone years ago right when Odwalla was going public to purchase their stock because they were going to be big. Well, of course the stock did not open well and then people got sick from their product not being pasturized so the stock tanked (sales plunged 90%, stock plunged 34%). Haven't checked how they are doing lately, but I imagine they have since recovered and are doing well. FLASH: I just checked ODWA on NASDAQ, no where to be found. I can't even find their new trading symbol. I take it they are not longer public? Wow. Well whatever, I love their drinks, so drink up at your own risk!

I have a new (hobby?) addiction, we'll see how long this one lasts for me. Online games. I have always loved
video, strategy, simulation, multi-player, online games, but my interest comes and goes. I mean, its not like I fall out of love with the games, my interest just wanes/waxes or I get bored. I am not easily bored so I am not a fickle person when it comes to my obsessions. As a matter of fact, I have been stalking the same man for years! j/k

I have been playing
Hearts, Phlinx, Squelchies (has an annoying little kid voice audio), Mahjong Garden, Buckaroo Blackjack, and Texas Hold Em Poker on AOL (Pogo Games). I enter the daily contest everyday (prize $50), the weekly and the monthly. I forgot what the dollar amount for weekly is, but monthly is $250. Plus, they have a contest for appliances and things like that. Not bad considering I have a 30-day free trial and then it's $2.99/month after that or $19.95/year.

I never knew how to play
Poker before so practicing with "robots" and reading how to play I learned in a jiff. I LOVE IT. I am sure that if I played in Vegas it would be a different story, but for now it's fun playing with other people online. I have also been watching Celebrity Poker Showdown on Bravo and THAT is a ton of fun to watch. Funny how you can win a game by lying or having a "poker face". Perfect game to teach the kids!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home