Wednesday, August 11, 2004

~ I Wish I Could Draw ~

I am not really a "hobby" person per se. I do have many and a variety of interests, but there isn't one thing that I am especially good at. At least in my humble opinion. I am a bulldog in business with negotiating, but since it has been a while and I am not employed at the moment, that does not count. I am talking about personal stuff.

For instance, I can do a cart wheel, but I can't do a cart wheel on the reverse side. Wait, bad example because I am sure many can not even do a regular cart wheel. Okay, better example, I wish I could draw, but I can't draw to save my life. My
stick figures are cute and I can draw a Fizz Gig type of creature, but beyond that I would have to stick to my day job. Oh, wait...LOL

I guess my one true talent would be writing. The reason why I state this isn't because I am some
vain creature, but because I have had quite a few people tell me that I have a knack for writing. Mostly I write "Dear Crook" letters or pissed off e-mails to (ex) boyfriends, but I think I can modestly say that I have a keen sense of humor and offbeat type of writing style that I can agree with said complimentors.

I am far too lazy to write a book, just not in the cards nor do I even have the slightest interest, so my blog will have to do. I am creating a concept for my
http://www.thelatenessofthehour.com web site, but since I procrastinate like crazy, heaven only knows when I will actually flip that sucker live. It's currently live, but it only has a home page. Heck, it's not even a home, it's more like a closet without the lights on.

The reason why I bring all this up is because I keep finding the most amazing, but horrific images on the Internet. Funny, sad, complex, dramatic, bizarre, the adjectives are endless. I have a bizarre sense of humor and also I like looking at weird stuff. I don't get off on it sexually if that is what you are thinking (I don't even understand that train of thought), but I guess I am just curious as to how the mind works on every single person. The way YOU see life or what your version of life is.

For instance, what do you think was going through this artist's head while s/he was creating this image? Like the dolls, it is so offbeat and bizarre, but I can't help but look at it and think to myself, "Why can't I draw??"


Perhaps McDonald's should rethink
their new Chicken McNuggets w/white meat?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home