Friday, August 06, 2004

~ OPEN WATER ~

My friend CV rocks. She is the only person I keep in touch with from high school. Probably the only one I ever will, I will know her till the day I die. She is like a sister to me. Sometimes we don't talk for a while, but it never matters, as soon as we do it's like we have never been away from each other. We never even fight. We have a mature, healthy friendship. One that I deeply cherish. For a Taurus, she is all right. :) Okay, enough mushy stuff.

CV had two free passes to see a
Century Theater movie. Since we already saw "THE VILLAGE" the week before we decided on "OPEN WATER". Actually, I did. CV wanted to see "THE BOURNE SUPREMACY", but I already saw that with my friend EW. I also was not in the mood to see a movie right away and needed some more time to myself. Friday I was just not up to par, still feeling deep grief about C. It comes and goes, but this week it was bad. Since I had supressed most of my feelings the week before, it's starting to hit me now. More on this later.

CV was way cool, understood, and said "OPEN WATER" would be fine. I drove to her house, picked her up, and then we went to
Willow Street in Willow Glen for dinner. It was excellent!

I had: Vodka Prawn Fettuccine and a glass of the Meridian Chardonnay

Prawns, spinach, and oven dried tomatoes tossed with pine nuts, fresh basil, fettuccine and vodka tomato-cream sauce.

CV had: Wild Mushroom Pesto Penne and a glass of the Salmon Creek Merlot

Seasonal mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes tossed in a pesto cream sauce and garnished with toasted pine nuts and fresh basil.

I brought my Entertainment Card because I thought we could get a 2 for 1 dinner, but I goofed. It wasn't valid at that particular Willow Street (d'oh!).

Discount Description:
Enjoy one complimentary LUNCH OR DINNER ENTREE when a second LUNCH OR DINNER ENTREE of equal or greater value is purchased.

(Membership Card or Coupon provided in the Entertainment Book is required to obtain discount) Dine in only, valid anytime, Westgate location only.

Restaurant Information:
At Willow Street Westgate, you'll find the kind of wood-fired
pizza & specialty pastas that have made Willow Street a Bay Area tradition.
We also feature terrific salads, fresh fish, homemade desserts, our own World
Beer Cup winning microbrews & a full bar. At Willow Street, you'll find a
large, comfortable patio, perfect for private parties.


Oh well, next time CV and I will go to the one at Westgate (I would have a link here for Westgate Mall, but I searched high and low on the 'net and there is nothing to be found on this mall. Absolutely no web site. It's located in Campbell, California. If you find it, please tell me!).

Back to OPEN WATER. What did I think about it? I thought it was good, not great, but it certainly had me thinking during and after the movie about their predicament. I am still thinking about it. Since I do not want to ruin it for you if you have not seen it, I cannot comment too much, but I agree with pretty much all the positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. Take a peek: OPEN WATER REVIEWS




My only beef with the movie is that it was filmed on DV, digital video. Ugh. Poor quality, drove me nuts. Too fuzzy for me. Apparently they shot the entire film for $130,000 USD, so hey, what do you expect? TR paid MORE than that for KWOON, but that is another story (read blog date August 5, 2004).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home